How to save a frizzy synthetic hair topper
Many people choose synthetic hair toppers because they're stylish, more affordable and hold great color. Synthetic hair toppers have many benefits to them. However, after a while of wearing the one, the common synthetic hair issue of unwanted frizz may arise. Before we get into the solutions for treating frizzy hair, it's a good idea to understand why the hair has become frizzy in the first place. If you have purchased a UniWigs synthetic hair topper, that's even better!
UniWigs synthetic hair toppers are made from Kanekalon fibers from the compound vinyl chloride. This fiber is composed of polyethylene-terephthalate which mainly consists of collagen protein as a raw material. So Kanekalon fiber looks natural against other synthetic fibers on the market.
Compared to human hair, synthetic hair has limited heat capacity, so one of the major causes of frizz in synthetic hair is from a lack of moisture.
Wearing Top Tips:
1. Before you put on your hair topper, make sure your own hair and the topper hair is clean and hydrated for best results.
2. When brushing your hair topper, be sure to gently brush the hair starting from the bottom, and then work your way up to the length of the hair. This will prevent unnecessary hair shedding and breakage.
3. To keep your hair topper looking fresh, wash it no more than once a week to remove dirt and avoid product build-up.
4. When wearing your hair topper, try spritzing your hair with a moisturizing, water-based conditioning spray to prevent frizz and keep the hair silky-soft.
If your hair topper ever begins to look dull, add a touch of spray that includes silicone. Remember, a little goes a long way!
Simple topper routine:
1. Wash your hair topper with shampoo and conditioner and rinse.
2. Apply a leave-in conditioning spray.
3. Comb through with a wide tooth comb.
4. Apply a small amount of Argan oil to the ends to keep them from drying.
If you experience frizz, dryness or split ends, these methods are worth a try:
Steamer. A steamer that we typically use for clothes, works for hydrating and detangling synthetic toppers! Just make sure you are pinning your topper to a mannequin or Styrofoam head to keep it secure while steaming. We recommend a steamer with an adjustable temperature setting and a small nozzle. This is advised so you can control exactly where you are steaming and be able to control a low heat.
Consider steaming the hair after applying a hair oil to it for optimal moisture absorption. Steaming can enhance healthy looking hair, detangle hair and prevent losing volume.
With these easy, simple and must-have fun methods, you will get gorgeous healthy hairstyle without the frizz.
UniWigs are seeking for blog contributors who know and love hair. If you know alternative hair or hair related accessories, if you have great understanding of hair trends and fashion, if you are expert in hair care, if you have any experience with salons or celebrities, if you would like to share your experience to help people just like you make the right choice, now contact us at [email protected] to be a blog contributor. Let’s discuss the details then.