How to fix a tangled hair topper or wig
Why does my hair topper/wig tangle after a few months of wearing it?
Tangling is a normal occurrence that happens to not only your natural hair, but to all types of alternative hair, such as hair toppers and wigs. Tangled hair can be an annoyance and is often caused by incorrect haircare maintenance, weather conditions, or hair dryness.
A common reason why your topper or wig is tangling and getting matted after a few months of wearing it is because of the combination of sweat, heat, and friction. So, your hair topper or wig should be washed regularly and be cared for just like your natural hair.
How do I take care of my topper or wig?
1. Always gently brush the ends of your hair topper or wig first, and then brushing in a downward motion, work your way up to the top of the hair.
2. Wash your topper or wig after every 5-8 uses. Use a high-quality salon grade sulfate-free shampoo and a hydrating conditioner to wash your topper or wig.
3. Never sleep with your alternative hair in.
How do I revive my tangled topper or wig?
To bring new life to your wearable hair, we suggest that you:
1. Firstly, dampen your topper or wig slightly with some warm water.
2. Apply a generous amount of a deep conditioner or a hair mask on it, paying special attention to the ends, and let it sit for 30 - 50mins.
3. Rinse off with warm water.
You can revive your hair topper or wig like this weekly or fortnightly to help prolong its condition and lifespan. Another top tip to infuse moisture back in your hair is with an oil treatment, such as coconut oil or argan oil. This will hydrate and restore some moisture back into the hair, as well as keeping it soft and more manageable to style.
UniWigs are seeking for blog contributors who know and love hair. If you know alternative hair or hair related accessories, if you have great understanding of hair trends and fashion, if you are expert in hair care, if you have any experience with salons or celebrities, if you would like to share your experience to help people just like you make the right choice, now contact us at [email protected] to be a blog contributor. Let’s discuss the details then.