March 01, 2019
From our former Instagram post, we can see that many girls don't understand why we need to pluck the hairline of wigs. Let's see what our follower @issa_blvckmermvid explained:
“You get a pair of your BEST tweezers and a comb. You start where your lace begins in the part and continuously pluck the hair out to widen the part.”
Benefits of a Pre-Plucked Lace Wig
1)Very natural looking
You may ask if pre-plucked lace wigs have those advantages, why UniWigs don't sell them directly. Let me tell you why.
1) Since the hairline is thinner and the hair will fall out faster and will not last long as before.
2) The lace will be more visible.
3) It won't work if you want to wear your wig behind your own natural hairline.
So how can you pluck it to avoid these disadvantages?
How To Pluck A Lace Wig
1. First you need to take a few pictures of your natural hairline. The best way to do this is to straighten or stretch your hair and pull your hair into a tight ponytail. Make sure the photos are clear so you can use them as your guide.
2. Lay your wig against the mannequin head and secure it. Create a thin hairline parting according to the photo. Don't make the part too thick because you don't want to lose too much hair.
3. Clip the rest of the hair away and pluck away the excessive hair. This takes time but makes sure to pluck away as much as possible.
4. Now you have the outline of your hairline. It's time to create a gradual density look. First section out the hair strand by strand. Then start plucking out some hair.
For more details, you can refer to the tutorial video below. Also here's your exclusive secret code EDM25 for big savings.
UniWigs are seeking for blog contributors who know and love hair. If you know alternative hair or hair related accessories, if you have great understanding of hair trends and fashion, if you are expert in hair care, if you have any experience with salons or celebrities, if you would like to share your experience to help people just like you make the right choice, now contact us at [email protected] to be a blog contributor. Let’s discuss the details then.