December 29, 2019
Are you feeling stressed due to hair loss? Don't forget, there are many alternative hair options to help you in this time. Hair toppers and extensions can both help in this course by providing you with fuller hair, but the big question is which one is better for you. Continue on to find out what the pros and cons of wearing hair extensions or hair toppers are.
A hair topper is a small sort of wig that is also known as a top piece. Primarily, hair toppers cover only a part of your head, some may cover the top, whilst others can cover the sides. Hence, hair toppers vary in sizes depending upon the coverage required. For individuals who are in the advanced stages of hair loss, we recommend utilizing a large base hair topper to conceal bald spots.
• Toppers can immediately add a lot more volume on top to thinning hair.
• Hair toppers look natural. They can be blended with your own hair easily. Its realistic look makes it difficult to see if you are wearing a hair topper or not.
• Hair toppers are utilized all around the world, which includes countries with hotter temperatures. Since a topper only covers a part of your head, you can feel comfortable while wearing it without getting too hot.
• When it comes to the price, hair toppers are relatively affordable, so you can buy lots of different hair toppers and change up your hairstyle frequently.
• Styling is simple with hair toppers because they come in many different sizes and colors to give you a perfect and original look. You can style them up in a hair bun, half-bun, ponytail and other hair updos.
• In order to get a realistic look with a hair topper, you must match the color of the hair topper to your own hair, as well as matching the density and volume.
• Beginners may also struggle slightly with the clips that attach the topper to the hair. If you have bought low-quality clips, it may pull or harm your hair. Moreover, it can hurt the scalp, which can cause headaches. Therefore, always buy a high-quality hair topper from UniWigs, and opt for a topper with a halo wire for extra comfort.
• Hair toppers are quite high maintenance. They need care and attention. Also, if you wear a human hair topper, they should be washed, blow-dried, brushed and styled (due to sometimes becoming misshapen in delivery) for successful blending with your own hair.
Hair extensions add length and thickness to your hair. They are normally clipped, stuck, or stitched into your natural hair to add thickness to your own hair. There are permanent hair extensions and clip-in hair extensions.
• If your hair is thin or fine, but with no hair loss or bald patches, hair extensions can be perfect for you to add length and thickness.
• Hair extensions come in handy as they are a resolution for flat hair. Just some hair wefts placed suitably where you need them can show a huge difference. Hair extensions help to thicken out the hair and give volume.
• Clip-in hair extensions are easy to apply and remove in a matter of minutes and are comfortable to wear.
• Hair extensions can last for a long time - say about a year or even more with daily wear, if they are looked after.
• Hair extensions are available in all the colors in the world, so you are guaranteed to get extensions that match your own hair color.
• If you like experimenting with your hair, opt for lighter or darker toned hair extensions, and then add highlights or lowlights to the set. This will give you dimension and balayage without needing to harm your own hair!
• Hair extensions can sometimes display symptoms of wearing out early. Taking good care of them can stop this issue.
• Hair extensions can be more prone to tangling, especially if they are a long set. To stop tangling, be sure not to overbrush them and treat them gently.
• Hair extensions are easy to maintain and keep up with just like your own hair. Always opt for high-quality, remy human hair (if you choose human hair) it can cost a little more money in the beginning, but it is going to be worth it as they tangle less and have a long lifespan.
• Hair extensions can cause tension if they are permanent extensions and a too heavy weight. To avoid this, opt for clip-ins which can be removed whenever you like to give your hair a break.
Now that you know the pros and cons of hair toppers and hair extensions, you can make your decision to buy either one of them. UniWigs has a huge selection of high-quality hair toppers and extensions for you to browse.
If you are interested in working with our blog, please contact [email protected]