Welcome to UniWigs Alternative Hair Education, a page dedicated to providing hairstylists and salon owners with the knowledge and tools needed to become experts in the world of alternative hair. Our mission is to educate and empower salon professionals to help clients who suffer from hair loss or thinning hair, and to provide them with high-quality alternative hair solutions that can help them look and feel their best. Our team of experts will share their years of experience, insider tips, and step-by-step tutorials to help you master the art of alternative hair and expand your business. Join us today and start your journey towards becoming an alternative hair specialist!
As a result of her dedication to the beauty industry, Dominique has become a respected figure in the field. She has been featured in numerous publications and has been invited to speak at various conferences and events sharing her knowledge.
Beyond her work as a stylist and educator, Dominique is also passionate about helping others dealing with hair loss. As someone who has struggled with hair loss herself, she has made it her mission to provide hair loss solutions to others, such as toppers. Her personal experience with hair loss has given her a unique perspective and empathy for those who are going through a similar struggle.
Dominique's passion project involves getting these hair loss solutions in the hands of industry professionals so that they can best serve the hair loss demographic. Through her dedication to both the beauty industry and to those dealing with hair loss, Dominique has become a respected figure and trusted advisor to many. Her commitment to excellence and her unwavering passion for the industry have made her an inspiration to stylists and clients alike.
- Cutting bangs
- Removing bulk
- Perimeter cutting of the piece
- Face framing layers
- Chasing the part to the client's needs
- Rooting the piece
- Low lighting - bring in dimension Toning
- Products and colors that are safe for these pieces
- Troubleshooting - toning mistakes and how to avoid and fix.
- Color matching and go through the color ring.
Business and Marketing
- The benefit of partnering with UNIWIGS for wholesale opportunities in your salon.
- How this will advance your service menu and hit a demographic that will set you apart from other salons.
- Explain how this is a huge revenue generator for salon owners & stylists. Here we will dive into different ways to price these and market to clients.
- Social Media tips and tricks to show this new service.
Fitting and Care
- How to fit the piece to the client
- How to adjust the fit to the client
We will have 2 models who are dealing with hair loss at this course. Each attendee will be able to physically fit it on a human to get a real feel for the pieces.
- How to choose the right topper for your client? We will explain the difference between silk, mono, lace top, etc. Examples will be shown.
- How to wash your topper? Hands on training for how to wash and care for the topper.
- What products can be used on toppers? Because you are a licensed professional, you have access to these products and can use this as another retail opportunity for your clients.
Topper / Styrofoam Head / Wig Pins / Color Ring
Two Color Brush / Two Color Bowl / Welcome Packet
Breakfast & Lunch / Topper Certification
Tripod / Blow Dryer / Gloves / Foils / Cutting Comb
Clips / 2 Towels / 2 Round Brushes Lg And Small
We will end this course with a Q&A so all of your questions can be answered. You will also be given Dominiques contact info and contact info for Brenna at UniWigs so you will be able to continually get your questions answered as you embark on this path of toppers!
Many women are experiencing hair loss at the crown due to covid, PCOS, stress, genetics and so on, but as a stylist you know these women cannot be helped with extensions. That is where toppers come in! You don’t need to stress about how to help these women any longer because toppers are the answer!
What is a topper you ask? Hair toppers have a base allowing it to be clipped in at the top of the head concealing any thinning or hair loss in that area. Wigs are used for women with total hair loss or women who want to completely cover their hair, whereas a topper is made to blend in with your existing hair achieving an extremely natural look. With toppers, women can have the hair of their dreams in seconds.
Toppers have caught the eye of many consumers in recent years but their needs are not being met in salons across the US. That is why UniWigs is stepping into salons by offering in person trainings. This course is the first of its kind and we don’t plan on stopping there!
As a stylist stepping into this untouched area in the industry you are setting your salon and expertise above the rest. Stop sending women with hair loss away because you don’t have the tools to help them. Join us in the alternative hair world, there is so much more available than you realize!