UNIWIGS HAIR TOPPER COLOR GUIDE 101
"How do I choose the color?" "Is it necessary to let the topper color match my hair exactly?" For a while, these questions were frequently asked. Choosing the right color is always difficult; however, we have a couple of tips that may help you get your color as close to a match as possible. Please keep in mind that ordering online is never going to be a 100 percent guarantee that you will get the exact color! And your topper color doesn’t need to match your own hair exactly!
This beautiful lady is wearing Upgrade Claire Plus human hair topper in G-4 Medium Brown and added darker roots.
Here we are sharing some pointers when it comes to color and all the below suggestions are from our partner @lacie.rodriguez.
- Matching your roots is the most important part.
- It’s natural for the top layer of your hair to be a little lighter than the bottom layers as it’s more exposed to bleaching from the sun.
This beautiful lady is wearing Courtney left part in 626R Vanilla Butter Blonde.
- A larger cap (8” +) is going to cover so much of your head, you really won’t see much of your bio hair except in the front.
- The less density (or smaller cap) on your topper, the more important an accurate color match is.
This beautiful lady is wearing Courtney left part in 624R Dusty Ash Brown.
- Human hair toppers can be dyed just like your bio hair. Rule of thumb—err on the side of too light because it can easily be darkened but you don’t normally want to bleach alternative hair.
- If you want a dimensional color with highlights/lowlights and can’t find one you like—work with a trusted stylist. Find the lightest color you want in your piece and start with that. A good stylist can reverse-engineer the color you want.
What’s been your experience with color-matching your toppers? Comment below!
UniWigs are seeking for blog contributors who know and love hair. If you know alternative hair or hair related accessories, if you have great understanding of hair trends and fashion, if you are expert in hair care, if you have any experience with salons or celebrities, if you would like to share your experience to help people just like you make the right choice, now contact us at [email protected] to be a blog contributor. Let’s discuss the details then.